Siting and Integration
This programme addresses the challenges associated with development of knowledge and tools for a more cost effective siting and integration of single wind turbines and wind farms, including the electrical design and control aspects of wind turbine technology.
The programme includes the following research areas:
- Wind power planning and society
- Site wind conditions both measurements and modelling
- Resource assessment measurements and modelling
- Wake measurements and modelling
- Meso scale and micro scale model development and validation
- Wind power system and wind farm performance measurement
- Wind power integration and control.